Last Updated October 22, 2018
Scope of this Policy
Information Collection and Use
Vida Wines is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way that varies from what is disclosed in this statement. Vida Wines collects information from our users at several different areas on our site.
We may collect personal information from you, meaning information about you that can uniquely identify you, if you choose to provide us with such information. We may also collect information about you that does not uniquely identify you if you choose to provide us with such information. Types of information we may collect include:
– Account information, such as your user name, password, email address, telephone number, state, zip code, date of birth, taste preferences, and other information;
– Financial information such as credit card number, expiration date, billing address, and billing phone number. This information is used for billing purposes to verify that the customer is of legal age, and to fill customers’ orders. If we encounter difficulty when processing an order, this contact information is used to contact the user. This information is harvested from a secure area and encrypted for our customers’ protection. It is not sold or shared with anyone else under any circumstances;
– Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts;
Real-time information about the location of your device when you access a Vida Wines Site using a mobile device, if you consent to allow us to do so;
– As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may use the information we collect to:
– Process and complete your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, enrollment in our wine club or other programs, and delivering products;
– Customize the content and/or layout of our Site for each individual member, including providing you with personally tailored special offers, programs, and promotional information;
– Contact you regarding your orders or accounts;
– Register you to receive emails or other information or materials you request;
– Respond to questions and comments and provide customer support;
– Communicate about our promotions and other services, and provide information to you about programs, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or share with you special offers from specially selected business partners of ours;
– Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
– Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and
– Comply with applicable legal requirements or obligations and industry standards.
You may access the personally identifiable information you have submitted to Vida Wines by selecting “Your Account” and editing the information as it exists in our system currently. You are also able to access your information in order to update or delete it by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
No registration is required in order to use this website, though a user must create an account prior to completing any purchase. Users are required to provide their name, email address, address, phone number, and a password. This information is necessary in order for us to contact users about services on our site for which they have expressed interest.
We collect contact information, such as name, shipping address and phone number, for gift recipients to ensure correct gift delivery. We do not sell, share or rent any contact information for gift recipients with third parties. We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information that you provide to us regarding gift recipients, but they may receive offers from us highlighting new features, new products and services and special offers we think they will find of interest. Also we may send marketing offers to gift recipients on behalf of ourselves and our business partners. In connection with such offers, we allow gift recipients to opt out of receiving future marketing-related mailings from us.
Children Under the Age of Twenty-one
The Vida Wines Sites are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, anyone under the age of twenty-one (21). If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under the age of 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 21, please contact us.
We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way that varies from what is disclosed in this statement.
We use a warehouse storage and fulfillment vendor to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We value your privacy at Vida Wines, and will never release any account information to anyone outside of the necessary core groups that help our business function unless our customers give us the authority to do so.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial or bankruptcy proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request and to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Vida Wines is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Vida Wines Sites.
If you wish to subscribe to our emails we ask for contact information such as name and email address. You can choose to opt-out at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
Sale of Company
In the event that another company acquires us or a significant portion of our assets is sold to another company, all customer data, including financial records and consumer information collected on Vida Wines, may be transferred to the new company. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personally identifiable information via a posting of such acquisition on the Vida Wines Site or via email.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please write, phone or email us via the contact information below:
Attn: Privacy Officer
131 W Victoria St
Long Beach, CA 90805