Wine Club Subscription
$129.00 on the 12th day of every 3rd month
First payment: June 12, 2019
Authentic and small production wines are the heart of this quarter’s wine club. This selection focuses on transparency, freshness and terroir specific wines.
Learn more about the wines in this this shipment:
- Alma Gemela Pedro Ximenez: Pedro Ximenez is Argentina’s second most grown white varietal, but few people know about it. In this wine, the fruit is the protagonist. Winemaker Mariana Onofri focuses on vineyard management to result in lower yields then elaborates it a straightforward style. This light and refreshing wine is perfect for enjoying outside or as an aperitif in the warm months ahead.
- Huentala Sombrero Malbec: Malbec is the undisputed king of Argentine wine, a well-known name around the world and intrinsically linked with Argentina, despite its French origins. This Malbec comes from an acclaimed region in Uco Valley, Gualtallary, whose terroir contributes to this Malbec’s lovely notes of graphite, delicate floral characters and pronounced, sappy, herbal flavors. This pull-back in ripeness and extraction has given Malbec a new identity.
- Krontiras Doña Silvina Malbec: This charming wine from organically grown grapes is also farmed biodynamically. A fresh array of purple cherries and berries on the nose, leading to a palate with smooth, plush and soft tannins that carry sleek and vibrant allure.
- Caelum Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva: This fresh and engaging wine displays freshness and vibrant aromatics. One-hundred percent estate grown and produced in the Agrelo region of Lujan de Cuyo, Caelum’s small-production makes it easier for them to be more attentive to detail and produce wines in a more artisanal way.
- Vinyes Ocults Blend: A blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc, coming from the high elevations of Uco Valley. At these high altitudes, grape skins thicken and darken, providing more color, more tannin and invariably, more flavor compounds to be extracted from the skins. The result here is a well-balanced, fruity yet spicy wine.
- Wines of Sins Avarizza Malbec: Wrapping up the selection is a Malbec that has recently received high accolades. This Malbec has attractive, ripe dark berries and a sense of intensity and concentration on the nose. The palate has silky, dense tannins and a plush, juicy feel that carries plenty of ripe-fruit flavor into the finish. It was recently awarded 94 points by Wine Enthusiast and 92 points by James Suckling.