Wine Club Subscription
$129.00 on the 12th day of every 3rd month
Out of stock
First payment: November 12, 2021
Our final Wine Club shipment of 2019 is a curation of innovation and exploration. In this box, we showcase the vastness of grape varietals and winemaking styles of wines from Argentina. Our producers bring expertise and discovery in working with grape varieties like Fiano and Aglianico never before grown in Argentina, and in perfecting biodynamic and organic winemaking practices. As an Argentine-focused wine club we would be remiss to not include a couple Malbecs. Finally, we present a Cabernet Franc, a grape varietal increasing gaining recognition and on the rise in Argentina.
- Black Series Chardonnay – This Chardonnay from the calcareous soils in the high elevation of Gualtallary in Uco Valley gives a unique blend of Old and New World flavor characteristics that makes it quite distinctive. The world’s most popular white grape variety, this is a Chardonnay that will please both traditional Chardonnay lovers as well as those seeking an interesting white.
- Caelum Fiano – a southern Italian white wine grape variety grown primarily in the region of Campania, Italian winemaker Giuseppe Franceschini demonstrates the successful adaptation of this varietal in Argentina. It has strong aromas of fruits like pineapple, peach and nectarine, white flowers like jasmine, and a hint of ginger.
- Castizo Malbec – A Malbec from San Rafael, in the south of Mendoza province. San Rafael’s moderately cold, dry climate and excellent insolation results in wines with good acidity and a lively palate. The unique soil due to its greater distance from the Andes helps make softer wines, with well-rounded tannins and an enveloping texture.
- Vinyes Ocults Malbec – Argentine wines are gaining global recognition and this Malbec earned its place in the spotlight. Respected wine critic James Suckling recently awarded this wine an impressive 93 points, saying: “Lots of blueberry and fresh violet aromas follow through to a full body, firm and silky tannins and a flavorful finish. Shows focus and tension.”
- Krontiras Doña Silvina Blend – Malbec and Aglianico vines grow side by side in Villa Seca, Maipú. This innovative and exclusive blend, organic and biodynamic, is the first of its kind in Argentina. The sweet tannins of the Malbec pair with the Aglianico’s acidity to create a memorable dark colored wine of silky texture, ripe fruit and chocolate aromas, leading to a long finish.
- Huentala Sombrero Cabernet Franc – Excellent expression and varietal typicity, with spicy-peppery aromas, some earthiness and cassis. It has a big mouthfeel and a persistent finish that becomes friendly and approachable with several hours of decanting. This is a wine that demonstrates why Cabernet Franc is being called the most high potential grape variety of Argentina.